Saturday, February 9, 2013

Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers

One of the biggest surprises in my journey of self-rediscovery is finding out that I love to cook. This new interest, like enjoying--really enjoying--keeping a clean and organized home, is one I never ever thought I would acquire. And while I love finding new recipes for more traditional meals, I'm discovering a passion for more gourmet-esque faires--especially if they are (very, very) healthy.

So, I figure I'd share with you some of my discoveries from time to time, since this is a rather homemakery blog.

Today's successful attempt: Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers. (Original recipe)

This is a rather simple recipe with lots of taste (serves four, by the way). Prep time is roughly 10 minutes; cook time is under 20 and it has only four ingredients. You read that right: four.


(Forgive my less-than-stellar photos. I didn't have access to my regular camera while I was cooking.)

You'll need:
  • 1 lbs ground Turkey breast
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 5 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 3/4 cup non-fat feta cheese
  • Optional: salt and pepper to taste
Throw it all into a bowl and mix with your hands until well blended.


Next, divide into four portions and make patties. Cook on a lightly oiled skillet (I used olive oil) for roughly 6 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your patties. Make sure to cook them all the way through!

Then serve!


You can certainly eat them like a regular hamburger--with buns, lettuce, and tomato. Either way, these are yummy and packed with healthful lean protein!

Bon appetite!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know you seem to be doing okay.

    Take care and best wishes.

    :-) :-);

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing great, Matt! I've just not been on the computer much. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete